Salaried Employees Association
1300 Hanover Road, Hanover, MD 21076
410-850-7356 • 410-850-7357
Be Union ≈ Be Smart
If you want to get more involved in. your union, then check out The Labor Studies Program of the Community College of Baltimore County, which is training hundreds of union staff, officers and members to be stronger, smarter union leaders.
The Program offers college credit courses and continuing education workshops. Since this program offers a college degree, you may be eligible for tuition reimbursement from your employer.
These classes can be offered live via interactive television, so you can go to school wherever you live. If you can get 18 of your coworkers together, you can have your own class–anywhere, any time.
We are putting together our Fall 2003, semester schedule of Labor Studies credit classes and non-credit workshops. Your interest will help set an attractive schedule. Just return this form to us.
YES – I am interested in taking these classes (please check your choices)
- Grievance and Arbitration-how to enforce your union contract
- Collective Bargaining-how to negotiate a new contract
- Organizing-how to bring new members into your union
- Labor Law I-The National Labor Relations Act
- Lobbying and Political Action-building a political movement
- Labor History-where we came from, where we are going
- Labor in the Movies-how workers appear in feature movies
- Safety and Health-how to protect our workplaces
- Labor and the Economy-on-line for the first time!!
- Special one-day workshops-Workers Comp, Public Speaking, Strategic Planning
If interested, Please fill in one of the forms below:
- PDF Form Document – Be Union Be Smart (Fill-in and print)
- Microsoft Word Fill-In Form – Be Union Be Smart
IF YOU EXPERIENCE PROBLEMS WITH THE DOWNLOADS:
If the PDF file does not load on your computer it is because of a conflict between the Adobe program and the browser.
To temporarily correct this problem:
- Close the empty window where the PDF did not load.
- Scroll back down this page to the file you want on this page and right click on the file link.
- Click on SAVE AS and save the file to your computer’s desktop.
- After the file saves, do not close the download window, click OPEN and the file should open in the Acrobat Reader.